5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go | March 25, 2013March 25th, 2013 at 6:15 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show
5. Dozens of Police Officers and Sheriff’s Deputies will learn some life-saving tips in Albuquerque today. It’s all part of the Deputy James McGrane Survival Training Program. His parents started the program 7 years ago after Michael Astorga gunned down McGrane in 2006. Astorga’s now serving life in prison.
4. The good news is someone’s waking up a whopping $338.3 million richer this morning thanks to the fourth biggest Powerball Jackpot ever. The bad news is that person’s not in New Mexico but New Jersey. That ticket’s worth about $220 million after taxes.
3. Instead of March Madness it’s march sadness for a lot of people and their brackets. Besides UNM losing their first game, Gonzaga lost this weekend, they were a number one seed. Georgetown, a number two seed also lost. Two teams just about no one expected to still be playing are Wichita State and Florida Gulf Coast. The games continue this Thursday on channel 13.
2. In just a few hours firefighters are going to be back in the foothills seeing how much damage a fire did last night. The fire started about 7pm between Candelaria and Commanche and it took about four hours to get contained. Firefighters haven’t said how it started but they think it was human caused.
1. After a cold weekend today will be mostly sunny with highs in the 50s. Tonight will be partly cloudy with lows in the mid 20s to lower 30s.