The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | March 22, 2013March 22nd, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Here are the five things you need to know before you go.
5) Authorities at Quantico Marine Base in Virginia say a Marine is suspected of shooting to death a male and female colleague before killing himself was believed to have been a staff member at the officer candidate school. a base spokesman says after one victim was killed overnight, the gunman barricaded himself in the barracks…killed another person…then himself.
4) Albuquerque police are looking for 21 year-old Luc Westfall. He told police he had fed his son then put him to sleep but about 20 minutes later, he claimed the baby started gurgling, then went limp. Paramedics could not revive him and OMI says the baby died from blunt force trauma to the head.
3) About 2,100 Kirtland Air Force civilian employees were suppose to be handed furlough notices today. That has been delayed for two weeks. The furloughs were due to federal budget cuts. The Defense Department has now pushed that back to look at the impact of a budget bill that is pending in congress.
2) It’s going to be a windy and cloudy day with a 10% chance of showers after noon. The high will be near 64, and a light variable wind becoming west 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 33 and a west wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.
1) Lobo fans are waking up sad and disappointed after the 3-seed Men’s Lobos basketball team lost to the 14-seed Harvard Crimson in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. The shots just weren’t going in for the Lobos and that is the opposite of what was happening for Harvard. The Lobos lost 68-62.