The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | March 21, 2013March 21st, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here are the five things you need to know before you go.
5) A busy night for Albuquerque firefighters. There was a house fire that broke out at about 1:45 this morning on Michelle near Unser and Arenal. Flames were shooting out of the abandoned home – some teenagers spotted the fire and called it in. Earlier…crews managed to quickly extinguished
this fire in a second story apartment near Indian School and University – the Red Cross is helping 3 families displaced in that one- the cause of both fires is under investigation.
4) Do not burn outside – there is high fire danger in much of the state and the winds are making it even more dangerous than normal.
3) We’re about to feel the effects of the budget cuts – that sequester we were talking so much about is hitting home – today’s albuquerque journal reports as many as 2-thousand civilian workers at kirtland air force base could start seeing furlough letters as soon as tomorrow.
2) Do you feel lucky? Even if you don’t – the Powerball jackpot is an estimated $320-million dollars- that’s a cash payout of a mere $198.3 million– but you absolutely cannot win if you don’t buy a ticket – so get on it!
1) This is the day dreams are made of. The Lobos take on Harvard tonight in Salt Lake City -
Lobo fans will be filling the stands. For those of us who can’t go, tip off is at 7:50 MT…you can watch it on TNT.