The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | March 18, 2013March 18th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time now for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) Governor Martinez is in Rome waiting for the installation of Pope Francis I tomorrow. She is there with the Presidential Delegation. Her office says she plans to meet with Vice President Biden and talk about the future of New Mexico’s National Labs while in Rome.
4) Albuquerque Police are investigating an overnight shooting that sent one police officer to the hospital. It happened around 10:30 last night in Southeast Albuquerque. Police say they are looking for two black males who were seen in the area. The officer involved underwent emergency surgery and is expected to be okay.
3) The Albuquerque Police Chief Ray Schultz and Mayor RJ Berry are set to meet today. The two are set to discuss Schultz’s retirement and the future of APD. On Friday, Schultz announced he will soon retire.
2) A breezy day today! Today will be sunny and windy with a high near 68. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 39 and a Northwest wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
1) If you haven’t heard yet. The Men’s Lobos were picked as a number three seed to take on Harvard– who is the number 14 seed in Salt Lake City, Utah this Thursday. For info on the tickets to see that game just visit our website and look under “Newslinks.”