The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | March 12, 2013March 12th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time now for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) This is getting a lot of national attention. New York City fans of giant cups full of some sugary soft drinks can still feed their craving…at least for today. A judge struck down the 16-ounce size limit for sodas and some other sweet drinks, but Mayor Michael Bloomberg is still defending his idea.
4) How did a cat from Germany end up in New Mexico? The female Persian Seal Point cat was found Saturday morning in Las Cruces– but her microchip shows that she’s actually registered to an Air Force Base in Germany. The Animal Service Center hopes someone knows who she belongs to. They think it could be someone who recently moved from Germany to Las Cruces.
3) If you liked yesterday’s weather, then you’ll love today! It’ll be warm today with a sunny high near 62 and a light variable wind becoming West 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 35, and a Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
2) Anytime now…we could know who the next Pope’s going to be. The Cardinals have started their secret conclave at the Vatican…and as soon as two-thirds of them agree on the next Pope…we’ll see the white smoke and know who’ll lead the Catholic Church. It’ll most likely them a few days to pick someone.
1) Here we go again. The Detective who shot and killed an Iraq War Veteran in Albuquerque three years ago, is set to be back on the stand in just a few hours. Yesterday, Brett Lampiris-Tremba testified he shot and killed Kenneth Ellis because Ellis was twitchy and moved toward another officer. At the time, Ellis had PTSD, was on the phone with his mom, and had a gun to his own head. A judge already ruled the shooting violated Ellis’s Constitutional Rights. Now, the jury will decide how much it’ll cost the city and some other things. We’ll be in court today and let you know what happens.