The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | March 11, 2013March 11th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
It’s time now for the five things you need to know before your go!
5) The Lobo Men’s Basketball team will head to Las Vegas, Nevada this week after a tough loss over the weekend. The 12th ranked Lobos lost to Air Force by one point for the last game of the regular season Saturday. As for the Mountain West Tournament on Wednesday the Lobos will take on the winner of the Wyoming-Nevada match up.
4) Here is something that is pretty cool. The Esperanza Community Bike Shop near Central and 57th Street Northwest is now open. It plans to get donated bikes, refurbish them, and get them to people who can really use them. If you can’t afford to buy one, no worries, just take classes to learn how to work on a bike and you’ll get one for free!
3) You have until seven tonight to turn in your ballot for the Albuquerque Special Election. You must bring them in person if you want them to count. The election is to decide if there should be a runoff election if no one gets fifty percent in the Mayoral Election.
2) It’s going to be another tense and emotional day in court in Albuquerque today. The Detective who shot and killed an Iraq War Veteran three years ago is expected to take the stand in just a few hours. Brett Lampiris-Tremba shot and killed Kenneth Ellis back in 2010. Ellis had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and at the time, had a gun pointed to his own head. A jury will decide how much money the City owes Ellis’s family.
1) Spring is on its way back. Today will be sunny, with a high near 59, and a light Northwest wind increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Then tonight you can expect mostly clear skies, with a low around 34, and a Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph.