The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | March 8, 2013March 8th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go today…
5) Don’t be late to church on Sunday, because this weekend it’s time to spring forward. Plus, remember it’s a great time to change the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
4) You could be waking up a millionaire and not even know it! Someone here in New Mexico has a Powerball ticket worth $2-million bucks. The ticket has two sets of winning numbers on it, white ball numbers of 6, 10, 23, 41 and 45, and the red Powerball of “one.” It was for Wednesday’s drawing.
3) Tomorrow’s another chance for you to get Visa gift cards in return for your gun no questions asked. The gun buyback will be in Santa Fe from 9 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon at the Facilities Maintenance Building on Siringo Road.
2) It’s going to be another emotional day in court in Albuquerque. This is for Kenneth Ellis’s family’s Civil Trial against Albuquerque Police and one of its officers. Ellis was an Iraq War Vet, had PTSD, and had a gun to his own head back in 2010 when an officer shot and killed him. Yesterday another officer testified that Ellis admitted he was high on meth at the time. We’ll be in court today and let you know what happens.
1) Mother Nature’s playing tricks on us! Today will have a 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am but then should become partly sunny, with a high near 61. It’ll be windy, with a Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 30 mph…those winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Then tonight there will be a chance of rain showers before 11pm, then a chance of snow showers. Other than that it’ll be mostly cloudy, with a low around 31 and a Southwest wind 15 to 20 mph. The chance of precipitation is 50% and new snow accumulation of less than a half inch is possible.