The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | March 7, 2013March 7th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go today…
5) Shoppers get ready because three new stores are headed to Cottonwood Mall this Spring! The Albuquerque Business Journal says Francesca’s, Crazy 8, and Shoe Palace are headed to the Mall out west a little later this year. Enjoy!
4) The Lobos are on a roll! They beat the Nevada Wolfpack last night 75 to 62 and are now 26 and 4. The guys travel to Colorado Springs this Saturday to take on Air Force in the last game of the regular season. Watch it on the Altitude Network at 4pm.
3) If you need free legal advice, then you’re in luck because today is Law-La-Palooza. Head to the Westside Community Center near Isleta and Goff from 3 to 6 this afternoon. Lawyers and Judges will be there to help you out on a first-come, first-serve basis.
2) It’s going to be a tense day in court in Albuquerque, because in just a few hours opening statements start for Kenneth Ellis’s Civil Trial. His family is suing the Albuquerque Police and the officer who shot and killed Ellis back in 2010. He was an Iraq War Veteran with PTSD and had a gun to his own head. A judge ruled the shooting violated Ellis’s Constitutional rights and a jury will now decide how much money The City owes his family.
1) Get out and enjoy the day! Today will be sunny, with a high near 68, and a light Southern wind increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 42, and a South wind 5 to 15 mph.