The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | March 6, 2013March 6th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time now for the five things you need to know before you go today…
5) We’ve been waiting for this for a long time…the new Target store in ABQ Uptown is set to open in just a few hours. The store is right by Uptown and Windrock mall on Louisiana. It’ll open this morning at 8. The Grand Opening is scheduled for this Sunday…go check it out!
4) If you’re struggling to keep up with your mortgage then go get some free foreclosure help this morning in Albuquerque from 10 to one. Just head to the Downtown Courthouse which is off 4th and Lomas. Make sure to take any paperwork you have and get there early…it’s on a first come, first serve basis.
3) If you enjoyed the weather yesterday then you’ll love today! It’ll be mostly cloudy this morning, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 68. There will be a Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming Southwest in the afternoon. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 40, and a South wind 5 to 10 mph.
2) Should a man who killed a cop in Albuquerque 30 years ago walk out of prison? That’s what a parole board will start deciding today for Joel Lee Compton. He shot and killed Officer Gerald Cline in 1983 and was sentenced to death but then had it commuted to life in prison. The parole board should decide what happens to Compton on Friday.
1) One man is dead, another’s on the run, and a woman’s in jail. That’s all after a big standoff in Northeast Albuquerque last night. Police shot and killed the man on Menaul near Louisiana after they say he pointed a gun at officers over and over again. Police still have that intersection blocked off so avoid the area this morning and keep it on News 13 and check our homepage for updates throughout the day.