The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | March 4, 2013March 4th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here are the five things you need to know before you go this morning!
5) Could it be top 10 for the Lobos? New Men’s College Basketball rankings come out today and the Lobos are set to move up. They’re ranked 14th in the country right now and beat Wyoming on Saturday. That won them the Mountain West Conference and makes them the number one seed in the conference tournament that starts next week.
4) This week you’ll have another chance to give the Department of Justice your two-cents about Albuquerque’s Police Department and what you think about all of the police shootings and cases of abuse its officers have been involved in–in the past few years. The first meeting is today at 4:30pm to 6:30pm at the Barela’s Community Center…and another one is on Wednesday…from 6 to 8 at the Palo Duro Senior Center.
3) Here’s a traffic heads up before you head out the door to work or school this morning. One problem’s at Jefferson and Osuna where it’ll be down to one lane each way until June. Crews are installing new water lines there. Then there’s this problem on 2nd Street just South of Rio Bravo in the South Valley where a big sinkhole opened up this weekend. Use Broadway to avoid the area.
2) Later today we’re hoping to learn more about a deadly plane crash in Angel Fire this weekend. A small plane went down right after it took off yesterday afternoon. We hear four people were on it possibly 2 adults and two kids. An airport official says the plane was registered out of San Antonio, Texas.
1) Get those windbreakers ready! Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 61, and a west wind 10 to 20 mph increasing to 20 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Then tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 32, and a Northwest wind 15 to 20 mph becoming east 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.