The 5 Things You Needs You Need To Know Before You Go | March 1, 2013March 1st, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here are the five things you need to know before you go this morning!
5) Get your debit and credit cards ready, because a new Target store in Albuquerque is opening up sooner than expected. This is the one in ABQ Uptown and it’ll open up Wednesday at 8 in the morning and have a grand opening a week from Sunday.
4) If you can take the heat, get out of the kitchen and get to The Firey Foods and Barbecue Show! It’s today through Sunday at the Sandia Resort and Casino. It’s $15 bucks for adults and $5 for kids…enjoy!
3) On a very serious note, the Federal Budget Cuts are here and happening. That’s $85 billion dollars worth of them just this year, they’ll hit New Mexico hard everywhere from the bases, labs, and even teachers. The President is supposed to meet with Congresses leaders about the cuts today.
2) Water wasters…beware. Fines for wasting water in Albuquerque are doubling starting today. So if you’re caught letting sprinkler water run down the gutter or watering during the day this summer, fines are now anywhere from $40 dollars to four thousand! Plus, the City has hired 3 extra inspectors to catch people doing this.
1) Get ready to ditch that jacket later. Today will be sunny with a high near 52 and a Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Then tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 32, and a Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph.