The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | February 28, 2013February 28th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
It’s now time for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) The White House backed legislation in the Senate to replace the $85-billion dollars in across the board spending cuts. Meanwhile, the senate is expected to vote today on rival Democratic and Republican plans to replace the spending cuts…but both bills are expected to fail. President Barack Obama has set a meeting with Congressional leaders for the day the cuts take effect.
4) This is it at noon– Pope Benedict the 16th boards a helicopter and flies outside of Rome – the first pope to resign in more than six centuries… a day that lives in history of the Roman Catholic Church. The conclave to replace benedict is expected soon.
3) Dylan Redwine’s dad made himself look more suspicious than ever- refusing a polygraph on Dr. Phil’s show that aired yesterday – the search for the missing boy continues.
2) A great night for the Lobos- they hosted San Diego State last night and came out the winners 70 to 60 the Lobos are ranked 14th.
1) It’ll be breezy but sunny with a high near 46 and a Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.Then tonight will be mostly clear with a low around 29, and a Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.