The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | February 26, 2015February 26th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go today!
5) If you’ve ever wanted a pair of Walter White’s khaki’s or Jesse’s pants and shirts…now’s your chance. The show “Breaking Bad” donated a bunch of clothes from the show to Joy Junction and it’ll start selling them tomorrow at 2pm at its thrift store in Albuquerque.
4) The sad story of Dylan Redwine’s going on National TV today. He’s the teen from Southern Colorado who’s been missing since November. His parents are going to appear on the Doctor Phil Show today and tomorrow. Hear what they have to say at 3pm right here on Channel 13.
3) Katie’s Law is going all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court today. It’s the Law that says anyone arrested for a felony has to give a DNA sample. A ruling in Maryland said that was unconstitutional. The law is named after Katie Sepich…who was killed here in New Mexcio back in 2003.
2) Get your windbreaker out later today. It’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 42 and but then with a west wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 22 and with a northwest wind 15 to 25 mph decreasing to 5 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.
1) A big traffic heads up, once again this morning I-40 is still closed Eastbound…starting at Louisiana. That’s stranded hundreds of people in Albuquerque for more than a day now. The interstate’s closed not because of the weather here but rather in Texas…because of a blizzard there. I-40 should be open sometime this morning.