Electronics recycling eventFebruary 26th, 2013 at 11:27 am by Bill Diven under Latest Posts
Verizon Wireless is hosting an open-to-the-public recycling event next week.
The free event is planned for Thursday, March 7, from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Verizon call center, 7000 Central SW.
Computers and electronic items that may be accepted include:
- Laptop and desktop computers/LCD and CRT monitors
- Computer cables/mice/keyboards/printers
- Small electronic appliances/microwave ovens/vacuum cleaners
- Stereo/audio equipment/gaming consoles/electronic toys/cameras
- Telephones/answering machines/alarm clocks
- Aluminum cans/ glass/plastics/paper shredders
- Cell phones/chargers/accessories
Items that will not be accepted include:
- Hazardous waste (batteries, inks/toners, mercury bulbs)
- Units containing fluid (motors, pumps containing fluid)
- Refrigerators or freezers
- Medical waste/radioactive material/X-ray equipment
Items will be recycled or disposed of in environmentally protected ways, and cell phones and accessories will be donated to Verizon’s HopeLine program to aid survivors of domestic violence.