The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | February 25, 2013February 25th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here are the five things you need to know before you go!
5) All the entertainment talk this morning is about the 85th Annual Oscars! As most people thought, “Argo” won “Best Picture” even though its star and director, Ben Afleck didn’t get nominated for “Best Director.” Ang Lee won that for the “Life of Pi.” Daniel Day Lewis won big and so did Jennifer Lawrence for “Best Actress” even though she took a tumble on the way to the stage! Christoph Waltz and Anne Hathaway won too.
4) Go Lobos! Kendall Williams scored 46 points as the guys took it to Colorado State this weekend, 91-82. They’re ranked 16th right now and will probably move up when the new polls come out later today. The guys take on San Diego State this Wednesday at The Pit at 8:15am.
3) Lots of schools closed and delayed this morning because of the winter weather. APS -East Mountain Schools only on 2 hour delay as well as Santa Fe and Edgewood-Moriarty schools.
2) The snow is all gone! A lot of New Mexicans are waking up to fresh snow this morning and the snow is over for Albuquerque. Today will be sunny, with a high near 44 and a Northwest wind 15 to 20 mph. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 22 and a Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
1) A huge traffic heads up for you, I-40 Eastbound is shut down from Louisiana in Albuquerque all the way to the Texas border. That’s because it’s so snow packed and icy. Plus, a lot of streets up in the Heights are slick too so is I-25 up to Santa Fe.