The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | February 21, 2013February 21st, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) People are going to be talking about this for a long time…former Senator Pete Domenici has a secret son. He admitted this to the Albuquerque Journal in a statement recently saying he had the baby with GOP Lobbyist Michelle Laxalt in the late 70′s. He told his wife and other kids recently and he hopes people here will think his accomplishments outweigh this mistake.
4) Parents this is for you…a lot of elementary schools in Rio Rancho are now making schools safer. This means…you can’t walk your kids to class inside many schools…including Puesta Del Sol Elementary. The school is also thinking about adding more security cameras and building a wall instead of the chain-link fence it has now.
3) You’re going to need extra time because the roads in Albuquerque are snow packed and slick. Please drive carefully!
2) Because of all this winter weather, dozens of schools and districts are delayed and closed today. You can see them all listed at the bottom of your screen–even during commercials.
1) It’s going to be a blustery day! Make sure that you bundle up today because there will only be a high near 41 and a West wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Then tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 29 and a West wind 5 to 15 mph.