The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | February 20, 2013February 20th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time now for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) More disturbing news about Oscar Pistorius, the “Blade Runner” accused of killing his girlfriend in South Africa. Now Investigators say they found two boxes of testosterone and needles in his home. However, his lawyer says they were just “herbs” and not steroids.
4) A manhunt is still going on for a guy who broke of out jail here in New Mexico this weekend. Police say Jesse Armando Tapia, broke out of the jail in Jal on Sunday. He’s wanted for violating his parole in California and police say he could very well be armed and dangerous.
3) Veterans this one’s for you–a big job fair is going on from ten this morning to one this afternoon in Rio Rancho. It’s the Hiring Our Heroes Job Fair at the Santa Ana Star Center. Head to our homepage and click on “Newslinks” to learn more.
2) A huge debate in Albuquerque, all about the City’s new minimum wage. The restaurant, Route 66 Malt Shop, is refusing to pay its workers the new minimum wage. They had dozens of protesters outside of their malt shop yesterday. It’s owner refuses to pay workers more money, saying he cant afford it. The City Council’s supposed to talk about how to deal with this and enforcing the new minimum wage rules tonight.
1) Winter weather is on the way! Today will have scattered rain and snow showers, mainly after noon in Albuquerque. It’ll be cloudy, with a high near 48 and a South wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected. Tonight snow showers are likely, mainly before midnight. It’ll be cloudy, with a low around 26 and a West wind 15 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.