The 5 Things You Need to Know Before You Go| February 19, 2013February 19th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning!
5) It’s about to get easier to score a deal at Best Buy. Starting March 3rd it’ll match prices from more than a dozen websites all year long. This includes Amazon and Target. Best Buy’s hoping this helps stop the store from becoming a showroom where we go look at tv’s, computers, and more there but buy them cheaper online.
4) Veterans this one’s for you. Today’s your last day to register for a big job fair that’s tomorrow in Rio Rancho. It’s the “Hiring Our Hereos” job fair at the Santa Ana Star Center. Head to our homepage and click on “Newslinks” to learn more.
3) If you have to fill-up on the way to work today, get ready for a little sticker shock at the pump. Gas prices are unfortunately on the way up. In Albuquerque, AAA says the average price is $3.29 for a gallon of regular unleaded–that’s up about $0.40 in just the last month.
2) A traffic heads up before you head out the door. It’ll probably take you longer to get around Albuquerque’s Westside because of a big construction project that started yesterday. This is on Unser around I-40 and Ouray. Crews are widening the road there to three lanes each way. All the work should be done by August.
1) Get out and enjoy today’s weather! Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 56 and an East wind 5 to 15 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 35, and a South wind 10 to 15 mph.