The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | February 18, 2013February 18th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
It’s time now for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) Check your fridge if you bought some spinach recently. Baby spinach from Taylor Farms which is also sold with the brand names Simple Truth Organic, Marketside Organic, Central Market Organics, and Full Circle are being recalled because it could be contaminated with e-coli.
4) A big topic at the Roundhouse will be cracking down on animal abuse. Two bills are being presented to lawmakers. One bill would make it a fourth degree felony to kill an animal or badly hurt it. The other would expand the meaning of “extreme animal cruelty” to include starving an animal. Both are in committees right now.
3) There is another contender for the seat of Albuquerque’s Mayor. A total of five candidates are running for the City’s top spot. That now includes Mayor Richard J. Berry who is running for re-election. All the candidates face some tough issues including the City’s sloping economy.
2) It’s Presidents Day and along with most schools, City, Federal, and the Post Office are among those offices that are closed. However, County and State Offices are open.
1) If you do have the day off, it’s going to be a breezy one. It’ll be sunny, with a high near 56, and a Northwest wind around 15 mph. Then tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 23, and a North wind 5 to 10 mph.