The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | February 12, 2013February 12th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Here are the five things you need to know before you go this morning!
5) Huge international news…North Korea just did a nuclear test earlier today with the biggest and most powerful explosion ever for nuke test there. As you can imagine the U.S. is not happy and is calling the action a highly provocative act. NATO says it’s irresponsible. North Korea says the test is simply its first response to what it calls threats from the U.S.
4) From jobs and the economy to immigration and gun control–President Obama will talk about that and more tonight at his State of the Union speech. Watch it tonight at 7 on KRQE!
3) We’re talking Lobos and let’s look at the good news the guys are still one of the top 20 basketball teams in the country! Even though they lost last weekend. They’re now 19 in the AP Poll and 18 in the ESPN Coaches Poll. They take on Fresno State tomorrow in California.
2) You know one of the worst intersections in Albuquerque is Paseo Del Norte and I-25…but how would you fix it? Tonight you can give the City your two cents on the project that’s supposed to start this summer. The meeting’s from 6:30 to 8 tonight at the Courtyard Marriott near that Interchange.
1) Here in Albuquerque…it’s going to be a cold day! Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 37 and a Northwest wind around 15 mph. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 17 and a Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.