The Five Things You Need To Know Before You Go | February 7, 2013February 7th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time now for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) Need a job? Go check out Home Depot.They’re expected to hire around 375 seasonal workers in and around Albuquerque. It’s quite possible some of those temporary jobs could become permanent. Find out more and how to apply on our homepage and click on “Newslinks.”
4) A big warning for you this morning about traps being set out at the Rio Grande State Park near Rio Grande near Indian School. He traps have these sharp steel jaws and are very dangerous. They’ve even already caught a little kitten in one and it had to have its paw amputated. If you see these traps call 3-1-1 or police.
3) A P.E. teacher in Santa Fe is benched for unnecessary roughness and the whole thing was caught on tape. The teacher at Aspen Middle School and police say the video shows him pushing a boy against the wall and then a girl. The teacher’s suspended right now, while police and the district investigate.
2) It’s going to be a bit cooler today. Today will be mostly sunny with a high near 53 and a calm wind becoming West around 5 mph. Then tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 30, and a Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming East in the evening.
1) Go Lobos! The guys laid it on Air Force at The Pit last night 81 to 58. They’re now 20-3 and lead The Mountain West Conference. The Pit was packed for the game and about 15-thousand people there! That’s about as many were at the games from about 10 years ago. And more red there…means more green for the school.