The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | January 29, 2013January 29th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here are the five things you need to know before you go this morning!
5) Should people who are gay be allowed to be Boy Scouts? It’s a question that the Scouts have been dealing with for years and now it looks like the answer could be “yes.” This could all happen as early as next week…the Scouts’ leaders could vote to allow local troops to decide on the issue.
4) This is extremely important to New Mexico…we’re talking national immigration reform. Yesterday both Democrats and Republicans got together to release a new plan to fix the country’s immigration laws…including making it easier for workers who are here illegally to become citizens and beefing up border security.
3) Be careful if you’re out running or working out near UNM. This is because police say two men recently grabbed a woman who was running near Johnson Field and groped her under her clothes. Investigators are hoping surveillance video can help them find who did it.
2) It’s another morning of winter weather here in New Mexico…as a result…a lot of schools are closed and delayed…including Gallup McKinley County Schools on a two-hour delay. You’ll find all of them running on the bottom of the screen even during commercials.
1) It is this latest blast of winter weather…Today there will be a 20% chance of snow showers with a high near 35. There will be a Northwest wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Then tonight there will be a 20% chance of snow showers with a low around 20.