The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | January 28, 2013January 28th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Now here are the five things you need to know before you go this morning!
5) It could cost you more the next time you choose credit at the checkout. You know how banks charge credit card companies a fee every time you swipe your card? Well now stores in most states can pass that fee on to you…it’s anywhere from 1.5% to 4%. If you use your debit card, make sure you hit debit to avoid it.
4) The latest with this huge nightclub fire in Brazil. At least 233 people are dead and 100 more are in the hospital…most of them are younger than 20. The fire started during a concert over the weekend. Investigators say the club had just one way to get out so people were trapped inside.
3) You’re going to hear a lot about immigration reform this week because it looks like Democrats and Republicans in Congress have a way to fix this hot-button issue. They’re set to announce a plan today that includes a way for millions of illegal immigrants to become legal, as well as plans for a guest worker program, and border security.
2) An update on Dylan Redwine, the teenager who’s been missing from Southern Colorado for more than two months now. The Durango Herald is saying Dylan’s brother, Corey, says Dylan’s dad, Mark redwine knows more than he’s saying and “I think he has a part in this. I’m not sure exactly to what extent.” Investigators say they’re out all the time looking for signs of Dylan but haven’t found any.
1) Finally, more rain and snow! Today will have scattered rain showers, mainly after 11am with a high near 55. It will be windy, with a south wind 5 to 15 mph increasing to 20 to 30 mph. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Then tonight there will be a 10% chance of snow showers with a low around 26, and a West wind 15 to 20 mph.