The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | January 25, 2013January 25th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Here now are the five things you need to know before you go.
5) If you’re counting on your tax refund to help make ends meet…here’s a big heads up for you because you’re going to have to wait longer than normal this year. Usually folks are already starting to get their refunds by now, but this year you can’t start filing until Wednesday. The whole fiscal cliff thing caused the IRS to make some changes.
4) Have you heard about the controversial abortion bill that’s in the Roundhouse right now? It’s making news all over the country. It’s all because the way Representative Cathrynn Brown’s bill is written right now. It would make it illegal for women who are raped or part of incest to get an abortion because it would be “tampering with evidence.” She says that’s not what she wanted and that it was a typo.
3) A crazy car chase through Albuquerque and Sky News 13 caught just about all of it on camera.
It started when police went after a man they thought was a robber near Lomas and Pennsylvania. The chase ended 20 minutes later near Carlisle and Coal. The driver almost hit a bus, a motorcycle, and even did donut at one point…then stopped and surrendered.
2) It’s going to be an exceptionally sad day as friends and family to say goodbye to the Griego family. Greg, his wife Sarah and three of their kids were shot and killed last Saturday. Their private funeral will be at 2:30 this afternoon at The Calvary of Albuquerque. Investigators say the family’s son Nehemiah shot and killed them. He is in jail right now.
1) Storm on the way! It’ll be partly sunny, with a high near 59 and a North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning. Then tonight will have scattered showers, with a low around 40. The chance of that precipitation is 30%.