The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | January 24, 2013January 24th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
It’s time now for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) This is very controversial and has been a long time in the making….women in combat. They’re about to start. Later today Defense Secretary Leon Panetta will talk about this.
4) In need of a job? Then pay attention to this…because tomorrow there’s a big job fair for a number of call centers in Albuquerque. It’s at the Workforce Connection Center on Mountain NE near Edith tomorrow from one to four. Companies including Lowes, Sprint, and T-mobile will be there.
3) Did you catch the Lobo game last night? It was another good one with the Lobos coming out on top of Colorado State…66 to 61. The guys are now 17 and 2 and four and oh in the Mountain West. They go to San Diego State tomorrow.
2) Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 61 and a Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Then tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 38 and a Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
1) More on the horrible mass shooting in Albuquerque last weekend. Last night hundreds of people gathered for a vigil at the Calvary Church of Albuquerque. That’s the church where the Griego family went for years. The family’s funeral is scheduled for tomorrow at the same church. Also, Eric Griego, a former Senator is speaking out about the murders, saying the media is making things worse.