The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | January 22, 2013January 22nd, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here now are the five things you need to know before you go!
5) We all remember Twilight…with the books the movies, right? Well now some say a new movie getting shot right here New Mexico will be the next Twilight. It’s the filming of “The Host” which is based on a book by Stephanie Meyer wrote who also wrote the “Twilight” saga.
4) Could gay marriage be legal here in New Mexico? It’s possible because State Representative Brian Egolf wants to amend the State Constitution to make it that way. If the House and Senate pass the plan, then voters would have the final say.
3) Ditch those jackets later today because it’ll be sunny with a high near 58 and a Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Then tonight will be clear with a low around 24 and a North wind 5 to 10 mph.
2) Chilling and gruesome. That’s about the only way to describe what investigators say happened inside the home in the South Valley where a family was slaughtered this weekend. Sheriff’s Deputies say Nehemiah Griego admitted that he was upset with his mom, so he grabbed one of the family’s guns and killed his mom, brother, and then sisters. Then waited for his dad to come home and killed him. Investigators say he planned to shoot even more people, but a security guard at Calvary Church called 9-1-1.
1) More now concerning Nehemia Griego…we should learn more about what investigators say happened inside his home in just a few hours. The sheriff is supposed to talk about the investigation at 10 this morning. You can watch it live on our website. Also, Griego could be in court as early as this morning and prosecutors want to try him as an adult.