The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | January 17, 2013January 17th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Here are the five things you need to know before you go!
5) the Lobos had a tough game last night against the Boise State Bronco’s. In fact, it was so close that it went overtime and that’s when the Lobos took control. They ended up winning 79 to 74. The Lobos are set to take on Colorado State next Wednesday at The Pit.
4) The City of Albuquerque is having a job fair for transit workers today from 9 to 1 this afternoon. It’ll be at the New Mexico Workforce Connection Center on Mountain Road. For more information please go to our homepage and click on “Newslinks.”
3) Gun control is still the talk of the country. It’s now up to Congress to pass the plan the President laid out yesterday. That plan includes banning assault rifles and magazines that carry a lot of bullets. The President’s also having more resources to help people with mental health issues
2) This is it…Lance Armstrong’s big interview with Oprah Winfrey airs tonight at 7 our time on Oprah’s Network and on her website. Supposedly, Lance does admit that he doped while he won 7 Tour de France titles. He says he left it all on the table and is letting people decide for themselves about what to think about him.
1) Finally…a little warmer. Today will be sunny, with a high near 46 and a Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Then tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 27 and an Eastern wind around 5 mph becoming north after midnight.