The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | January 14, 2013January 14th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here are the five things you need to know before you go this morning!
5) After 11 weeks of falling, gas prices nationally are going up. The Lundberg Survey shows the price rising six cents over the last three weeks. But good news New Mexico–prices are still dropping in Albuquerque you can expect to pay $2.85 per gallon.
4) Movies and actors were center stage at the Golden Globes last night. Producer and Director Ben Affleck took home the biggest award of the night for best motion picture drama for the movie “Argo.” He also won for Best Director. The hit show “Breaking Bad” was nominated but did not win.
3) Santa Fe’s Mayor David Coss is set to talk about gun control in just a few hours. He’s joining dozens of other mayors from all across the US and saying the country needs tough gun control laws. Sometime this week we should hear how the White House and Vice President Joe Biden plan to cut down on gun violence and mass shootings.
2) You can start voting early for who you want to be in charge of your kids’ schools in Albuquerque. Early voting for APS School board is taking place right now. A total of 10 people are running for four seats on the board. You can also vote for CNM’s governing board. Go to our homepage and look under “Newslinks” for more information.
1) Bundle those kids up. There will be a 10-percent chance of snow after 11am today in the Albuquerque area. Other than that though it’ll be mostly cloudy, with a high near 30 and an east wind of 5 to 10 mph. Then tonight there will be a 20-percent chance of snow with mostly cloudy skies and a freezing with a low around 11.