The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | January 4, 2013January 4th, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go on this Friday morning!
5) If you have a Subaru…pay attention to this. More than 600,000 Forester’s, Legacys, Outback’s, and some Tribeca’s are getting recalled. This is because some electronics could short and cause a fire. Take it to the car the dealer and get it fixed for free.
4) Remember those guns that got stolen from a Walmart in Los Lunas on Christmas day? Police there are now offering to pay to get them off the streets. Right now they still have no idea whole stole the guns and a lot of electronics.
3) This got people all over New Mexico upset. We all know the Smokey Bear balloon from Balloon Fiesta–we like him–but one powerful U.S. Senator doesn’t. Senator Mitch McConnell says that the balloon is a waste of money. However, Forest Rangers here disagree quite a bit.
2) Be careful if you’re planning to take the kids sledding in the east mountains this weekend. The Capulin snow play area is still closed because there’s not enough snow. You’re legally able to sled in most parts of the forest but just lookout because there’s not a lot of snow there and that could be dangerous.
1) Bundle up again. Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 33 and a calm West wind becoming around 5 mph. Then tonight will be clear, with a low around 20 and a Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.