The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | January 2, 2013January 2nd, 2013 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here are the five things you need to know before you go this morning!
5) Today’s the day when you can recycle your live Christmas tree and get some free mulch. Just drop the tree off at any of these 3 places in Albuquerque until Sunday– Ladera Park Golf Course or the Eagle Rock and Montessa Convenience Stations. If you live in Rio Rancho, just stop by The Rio Rancho Sports Complex until the 18th. There is a five tree limit and you can get the free mulch at any of these locations.
4) Finally some good news with this so-called “Fiscal Cliff.” For most of us, anyone making less than 400-thousand dollars a year, our taxes will not be going up. The House approved this deal last night and the President could sign it at anytime. Plus, 2-million people who were about to lose their unemployment benefits won’t.
3) The bad news with the “Fiscal Cliff” is that tens of thousands of people here in New Mexico could lose their job because of it. That’s from the Federal Government cutting hundreds of billions of dollars in spending which could cost about 20-thousand people their jobs at The Labs and defense contractors.
2) Thousands of people here in Albuquerque just got a nice raise thanks to the minimum wage going up. Beginning yesterday, it’s now $8.50 an hour rather than $7.50. Voters approved this back in November but a lot of small businesses say it’s going to hurt them.
1) It’s very cold today! It’ll be sunny but only with a high near 36-degrees and a calm wind becoming North around 5 miles-per-hour in the morning. Then tonight it’ll remain mostly clear, with a low around 12-degrees and a North wind 5 to 10 miles-per-hour.