The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | December 31, 2012December 31st, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here are the five things you need to know for this New Year’s Eve.
5) Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are already expecting their first baby. West made the announcement to a crowd of five thousand during a concert. The two have been dating since April.
4) It’s New Years Eve and we here at KRQE want you to make it home safe. That’s why we’re telling you about free rides for this holiday. There’s Tavern Taxi which will let you get a cab ride for free. Triple-A is also offering a free ride and a free tow for your car. So you both can make home safely.
3) Today is the deadline for the dreaded so-called Fiscal Cliff. Federal lawmakers are under pressure to come up with some kind of deal before the day is over. Meanwhile you don’t have to worry about the cost of milk going up because lawmakers were able to extend the Farm Bill. This will prevent milk from going up to seven dollars.
2) Roads are wet and snowy here in Albuquerque this morning so drive with extra caution to work. Also, The Clines Corners area is already getting icy.
1) We are even seeing some snow here at station! Other than this light snow, it’ll remain mostly cloudy, with a chilly high near 39. There will be a West wind 10 to 15 miles-per-hour. The total daytime snow accumulation for Albuquerque will be less than one inch. Then tonight there will be only a a 10-percent chance of snow showers before 11:00pm. It’ll remain partly cloudy, with a low around 18 and a very light West wind.