The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | December 28, 2012December 28th, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time now for the five things you need before you go!
5) If you’re looking for something fun to do this weekend…take the kids and go see the new kangaroos at the zoo in albuquerque.
three red kangaroo joey’s have just been born…you can see hopping around and peeking out of their mother’s pouch.
4) This is huge news! The Lobos are waking up big winners this morning after beating number 8 Cincinnati 56 to 55 last night. It actually looked like the Lobos lost but Cincinnati’s last shot was after the buzzer…so it didn’t count. The Lobos play next at St. Louis on Monday.
3) Parents pay attention to this. It’s a big recall on a popular baby recliner that’s been linked to almost 100 deaths. The government’s recalling the nap nanny recliner saying babies could get stuck or even hang themselves with the harness.
2) You’ve probably heard a lot of talk about the so-called ‘Fiscal Cliff’ but it really could have a huge affect on your pocketbook next week. That’s unless Congress does something in the next couple of days! Your paychecks will be up to hundreds of dollars less and your income taxes for this year will go up. ad lib…
1) Keep those jackets around today! There will be a slight chance of flurries before 11:00am in Albuquerque. It’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 39 and with a Northwest wind of 10 to 15 miles-per-hour. Then tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 15 and a Northwest wind of 5 to 10 miles-per-hour.