The 5 Things You Need To Know | December 26, 2012December 26th, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Here are the five things you need to know before you go!
5) This is just so disturbing. A guy in New York killed his sister then set his house on fire as a trap and shot four firefighters killing two of them. The guy, William Spengler shot himself after that. He also spent almost 20 years in prison for killing his own grandmother.
4) If you have a little too much holiday fun this year don’t drink and drive–call Tavern Taxi. That way you can get a free ride home, instead of going to jail. Police will have extra patrols out looking for drunk drivers until after New Year’s.
3) It’s a strike for Sante Fe, a good kind of strike that is because it looks like a bowling alley is finally going back there. The Sante Fe New Mexican says the folks who run holiday bowl and leisure bowl in Albuquerque are going to build ringside bowl in the old Railyards.
2) Get ready for the holiday rush to return all the gifts you don’t want. Stores will be packed with folks doing that today and others hoping to snag great deals.
1) A very cold day today. It’ll be mostly sunny, with a high near 43 and a light Southern wind of 10 to 15 miles-per-hour in the morning. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 23 and a Southwest wind 5 to 10 miles-per-hour.