The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | December 21, 2012December 21st, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Here are the five things you need to go before you go this morning!
5) The nation will hold a moment of silence today at 7:30 local time and Governor Martinez will also call for a moment of silence for the state at 9:30 local time. Many major websites will even go dark for this event.
4) Tomorrow is funeral for little Emilie Parker she was one of the 20 victims of the Sandy Hook Shooting. The Parker’s lived in Rio Rancho for two years before moving to Connecticut.
3) Today marks the end of Mayan calendar and to some it means the end world. Some people even went so far as to stock up on emergency supplies and throw end of the world parties.
2) Many of you will be heading out today for the Holidays. Gas prices remain low around much of the State if you’re traveling by car. If you’re flying hold off on wrapping the gifts because the TSA will check them. You’ll also want to make sure to head to the airport an hour early and check the status of your flight beforehand due to recent snow storms.
1) Its still really cold! Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 45 and a calm wind becoming Southwest around 5 miles-per-hour. Then tonight partly cloudy, with a low around 14 and a Northwest wind around 5 miles-per-hour.