The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | December 14, 2012December 14th, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
It’s now time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning!
5) All the police and emergency vehicles should be out of Southeast Albuquerque now. A SWAT team spent the night outside of a home on Frank Street. Police say neighbors heard a woman scream and a gunshot about 9:00pm. The woman got out okay but the man stayed inside. The SWAT team finally went in to get him about 3:45 this morning.
4) This latest blast of winter is great news for ski resorts all around they state. They’re packing a lot of snow and for some it’s just in time for opening day. Angel Fire’s opening today and Santa Fe tomorrow. Taos, Red River, and Sipapu are already open.
3) This storm is starting to make a mess for roads and schools in the northern and western part of the state. A number of schools are already closed or delayed. The Gallup Mckinley County Public Schools are on a two hour delay.
2) The storm is starting to hit Santa Fe. Right now it’s rain, but it’ll start to change to snow at 6:00am. The snow will end around mid-morning and clouds with strong winds will remain. Temperatures will remain steady in the mid 30′s with winds Southeast at 25 to 30 miles-per-hour. Snowfall of about half an inch through 11:00am.
1) Today will consist of moisture and accumulation for most of the state. Some thunder is also possible. The high will only be near 44-dgrees with winds blowing 15 to 30 miles-per-hour. Tonight the winds could gust as high as 40 miles-per-hour. Chance of precipitation for Albuquerque is 80%. Then, tonight there will only be a 10% chance of snow showers for the Metro area with a low around 26-degrees. The wind will slowly decrease as the day progresses.