The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | December 10, 2012December 10th, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time now for the 5 things you need to know before you go.
5) Today is the final toy drive for Toys for Tots! It’s your chance to help make a difference in the lives of thousands of needy children. this is a live look at the toy drive–going on right now until 6pm. Head over to the American Home parking lot on Carlisle and Menaul to drop off your toy or donation. That’s where our U.S. Marines are standing by they’ll be helping to get these toys out to children in need this Christmas.
4) Several ski resorts are loving the conditions. Pictures from Angel Fire officials show snow coming down hard. We just checked the Resort’s website and they’re reporting 12 inches of snow. Opening day is still set for December 14th.
3) Blizzard-like conditions yesterday has created several road issues in northeastern New Mexico but the largest involves Interstate 25 between Las Vegas and Raton. We expect to learn more today about a fatal crash on I-25 at the base of La Bajada hill where one person was killed there. A detailed list is on our website. Call 511 for updates as well.
2) There are over forty delays and closures for schools and offices today. They include Santa Fe Public Schools which are on a 2 hour delay as well as Pecos, Penasco, and Questa Independent School are also delayed two hours. You’ll find the others listed on our website homepage under the yellow tab “Closings and Delays.”
1) Bundle up those kiddos as they head for school this morning because it’s going to be a really cold day. That’s because the high for today will only be near 38. It’ll be sunny with a Northwest wind from 10 to 20 miles-per-hour. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a freezing low around 23 and a northwest wind 10 to 15 miles-per-hour.