The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | December 6, 2012December 6th, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) Get your kleenex ready, a number of New Mexico Guard Soldiers are coming home today. Just in time for the holidays after spending almost a year on the border between Egypt and Israel. If you can, go help welcome them back. Their plane is supposed to land at the Sunport between 10 and 11 this morning.
4) New Mexico won’t have a float in the popular Rose Parade for the second year in a row. In the past New Mexico had won the Grand Marshall’s trophy a couple of times, but won’t this year because it costs $200-thousand dollars to make the float! The State says that money could be better spent in other ways.
3) Go lobos! They’re still undefeated at 9 and oh now. They beat the University of Southern California last night at 75-67. See them Saturday night at 7 at The Pit when they take on Valpo.
2) Tonight’s your chance to help some needy kids have a Merry Christmas and do it from the comfort of your home. We’re partnering with Toys for Tots to host a call-in show tonight from 4 to 7:30. Police officers, firefighters and even Mayor RJ Berry will be here taking your calls donate if you can because it’s almost Christmas and Toys for Tots still has a lot of kids to help.
1) Another warm one today. Another warm one today. Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 61-degrees with a calm wind becoming southwest around 5 miles-per-hour. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 37-degrees with a southern wind around 5 miles-per-hour becoming calm.