The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | December 3, 2012December 3rd, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) Happy Birthday to the text message! What would we do without it 20-years ago today a researcher in Britain sent the first sms or short message service saying “Merry Christmas.”
4) If you drive a Ford, thousands of them are getting recalled. The 2013 Escapes and Fusions with a 1.6 liter Eco-boost engine because they are reports that they could overheat and even catch fire.
3) It’s time to say goodbye to one of Albuquerque City Councilor, Debbie O’Malley. This is her last meeting with the city because she got elected to the Bernalillo County Commission last month. Now the Mayor gets to pick who replaces her.
2) Should New Mexico take after Colorado and Washington state and make marijuana legal? The New Mexico drug policy alliance thinks so and is going to keep lobbying legislators to make it legal to have up to an ounce of pot. The Santa Fe New Mexican says a legislative committee rejected the idea last week but the alliance isn’t going to give up.
1) It certainly doesn’t feel like December. Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 58-degrees and a light northwest wind blowing between 5 to 10-miles-per-hour. Then tonight will partly cloudy, with a low around 38-degrees and a western wind around 5 miles-per-hour. All of this is well above average for this time of year.