December 31st, 2012 at 5:42 pm by John Smith under Weather
Out most recent storm will continue to exit through the overnight hours. Expect some lingering snow over the northern and western high terrain. Otherwise, clearing conditions will take over through New Year’s Day. The new year will start on a cold note with afternoon highs in the metro staying in the 30s through Thursday.
Temps will eventually start to moderate over the weekend as high pressure slides over the state. Our next storm system is slated to arrive Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. This storm has the potential to bring another decent round of snow to the state, but being more than a week out, details are sketchy. More to come on this storm throughout the week!
Have a happy and safe start to 2013!
December 31st, 2012 at 3:40 pm by vantate under Sports
Boise State has decided to remain in the Mountain West for all of it’s sports. The Broncos, along with San Diego State, had plans of joining the Big East for the 2013 season for football only.
December 31st, 2012 at 2:13 pm by Hawa Konte under Latest Posts
If you plan to party in Albuquerque on New Year’s Eve make sure you have a safe way to get home.
Here are a few options:
- Tavern Taxi - The Tavern Taxi program provides a safe ride home to inebriate individuals from local bars/restaurants in the Bernalillo County area. Contact Tavern Taxi at 999-1400 to put in for your ride.
- AAA will give you and your car a lift for free. Just call 1-800-222-4357 ahead of time. You do not have to have AAA member to take advantage of it.
- ABQ Cab Company – (505) 883-4888
- Yellow Cab - (505) 247-8888
- ABQ Green Cab - (505) 243-6800
December 31st, 2012 at 12:57 pm by Hawa Konte under Latest Posts
If you are looking for something fun to do with the family Tuesday for the New Year, try hiking at state parks for free.
People do not have to pay to get into state parks Tuesday and can also get free guided hikes.
They will be at Bottomless Lakes, Leasburg Dam, City of Rocks and Rockhound Parks in southern New Mexico.
It will also be free to get into Cerrillos Hills State Park near Santa Fe and Sugarite Canyon State Park in northeastern New Mexico.
December 31st, 2012 at 10:34 am by Hawa Konte under Latest Posts
Due to the New Year’s holiday, KRQE News 13 programing will be affected.
- On New Year’s Eve Monday December 31st , KRQE News 13 at 12 p.m. will air an hour earlier at 11 a.m.
- On New Year’s Day Tuesday January 1st, there will be no Morning and 12 p.m. newscasts on KRQE News 13 and there will be no 4 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. newscasts on 2 KASA Fox.
The majority of Monday’s original episode of The Bold and The Beautiful was interrupted for a CBS News Special Report, this episode will air in its entirety Tuesday to all stations. (This will replace the repeat episode previously scheduled for stations on the New York Origination.)
The UNM Men’s Lobo Basketball team will playing Saint Louis at Saint Louis and the game will be airing on the CBS Sports Network at 5:30 p.m. MST.