The 5 Things You Need To Know | November 28, 2012November 28th, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time now for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) This got overshadowed by all the news yesterday but is a story that got a lot of people riled up. It’s about jobs versus animal rights and Bernalillo’s County Commission sided with jobs last night and changed the rules so Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute could keep doing business here and testing on animals.
4) A 14-year-old is behind bars in Tucumcari right now after investigators say he admits he killed his adopted mom and her daughter. State Police say Tony Day shot and killed Sue Day and stabbed Sherry Folts to death. Police say they don’t know why day did it.
3) The US Department of justice is now investigating Albuquerque’s Police Department because of the more than two dozen shootings here since 2010. Critics of the department have been asking for this for years. The mayor and police chief say they’ve worked hard to make the department better and will work with the federal government.
2) Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 62-degrees and a calm southwest wind around 5 miles-per-hour. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 30-degrees and a western wind around 5 miles-per-hour.
1) Make sure to get your Powerball tickets for tonight’s record drawing. It’s $500-million bucks and if you want the cash it’ll be $327-million.