The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | November 23, 2012November 23rd, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time now for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) You can now get tickets for this year’s Luminaria Tour through Old Town and The Country Club and Los Altos neighborhoods. Tickets are $3.00 for adults and $1.70 for kids and seniors. get them through a link on our website. Hurry up though because they usually sell out quickly.
4) Here’s an interesting idea. One of Albuquerque’s City Councilors wants for police officers to be able to use their patrol cars for personal use during the holidays, hoping it cuts down on crime. Councilor Ken Sanchez plans to talk with the Mayor and police chief about the idea soon. Right now, officers can take their cars home, but can not use them to run errands.
3) Keep those jackets handy today. It’ll be sunny, with a high near 54 degrees and an eastern wind between 5 to 15 miles-per-hour becoming south in the afternoon. Then tonight will be clear, with a low around 30 degrees with a calm wind.
2) If you’re doing some Black Friday shopping at Walmart then get ready to see some protestors outside some of the stores in just a few hours. the protestors say they’ll be at three Walmarts in Albuquerque. Plus, stores in Taos and Clovis. They’re upset that Walmart started their Black Friday sales on Thanksgiving.
1) It is Black Friday. So get ready for crowds and deals just about everywhere you go. Coronado Center opened earlier than ever at midnight, which was actually a little late because other stores including Walmart, Target, and Best Buy started their sales last night.