Transit ideas coming into considerationNovember 20th, 2012 at 10:45 am by ryanprice under Latest Posts
The concept of having a Rapid Transit bus down Central Avenue is being considered and ABQ Ride is looking to see what the public thinks.
“ABQ RIDE is evaluating how to improve transit service on Central Avenue, which commands almost half of Transit’s ridership,” said Mayor Richard J. Berry. “That’s why we hope to see you at one of these meetings, because we value your input into Albuquerque’s transit future.”
There will be four meetings put on by ABQ RIDE to see how the public feels over this transit idea, the first meeting is planned for Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Manzano Mesa Multi-Regional Center – 501 Elizabeth SE, 87123-2887
- Thursday, November 29, 2012, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Alamosa Community Center – 6900 Gonzales Rd SW, 87121
- Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Loma Linda Community Center – 1700 Yale SE 87106
- Tuesday, December 11, 2012, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Old Main Library/Special Collections, Botts Hall – 423 Central NE (at Edith), 87102
- Thursday, December 13, 2012, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Albuquerque Museum of Art and History (Auditorium) – 2000 Mountain NW, 87104-1459
For more information on the consideration on the rapid transit bus, visit ABQ RIDE’s website.