The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | November 20, 2012November 20th, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) Police are still trying to find out how a baby girl died yesterday in Martineztown in Albuquerque. When officers got to the little girl she wasn’t responding and later died at the hospital. Investigators are now talking with the girls family and could say more about this later today.
4) Albuquerque’s in the red and it might have to do with job cuts, workers’ hours, and assistance programs because of those. The Albuquerque Journal is reporting that the city is 10-million-dollars short this fiscal year because it’s not getting as much money from sales tax and other places as it thought it would.
3) Homeless shelters and food pantry’s say they’re seeing even more people who need food this holiday season but have less then ever on the shelves to give them. So one thing they’re doing to help out is to spread out the Thanksgiving meals with one of them being today at the Albuquerque Rescue Mission.
2) A huge win for the Lobos! They won the Paradise Jam tournament in the Virgin Islands last night after beating number 21 Connecticut, 66 to 60.
1) Another nice day today. It will be sunny, with a high near 61 degrees with a North wind around 5 miles-per-hour. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 38 and a Southeast wind around 5 miles-per-hour. So get out and enjoy it!