The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | November 19, 2012November 19th, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) You can now get yourself a Clark Griswald style Christmas tree right here in New Mexico. That’s because permits for live trees in the Santa Fe National Forest go on sale today. Pick one up for $10-bucks and a heads up, the forest offices are closed later this week for Thanksgiving.
4) State Police are still on the hunt for brothers Joe and Andrew Gallegos. They allegedly killed Adrian Burns and left his body near a burning car in the Bosque just south of Belen last Monday.
3) A huge game for the Lobo Men’s Basketball team. They take on number 23 UConn Huskies tonight in the finals of the Paradise Jam tournament in the U.S. Virgin Islands. The Lobo’s had a great win last night by beating George Mason 70 to 69 in the last minute of the game. Watch the big game tonight at 8pm on the CBS Sports network.
2) Here’s a bit of good news before you go to the gas station this morning. Gas prices are still going down, slowly but surely. You’ll pay about $3.30 a gallon for regular unleaded here in Albuquerque. That’s down five cents in the last week and is about a dime cheaper than the national average.
1) No weather problems if you’re headed out early for Thanksgiving. Today will be sunny, with a high near 59-degrees and a calm wind becoming northwest around 5 miles-per-hour. Then tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 36-degrees and a northwest wind around 5 miles-per-hour.