The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | November 16, 2012November 16th, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) This is a case a lot of people are paying attention to. Amy Herrera is accused of killing her husband, who was an officer at Kirtland Air Force Base. She is set to be in court in just a few hours to enter a plea. Investigators say Herrera shot and killed her husband, Marc back in July and made it look like a suicide.
4) A very strange story. Sources tell us an 8-year-old girl here in Albuquerque told her teacher yesterday morning that her father stabbed a man. Now sheriff’s deputies are investigating but they’re not saying a lot about the case. Including where the girl lives or where she goes to school. Watch News 13 later today for updates.
3) Today’s your chance to help those struggling on the east coast from Superstorm Sandy. Just go to the Chick-Fil-A on Paseo Del Norte between noon and 7pm today. A percentage of the sales will be donated and you can also donate everything from socks to soaps. This is all being organized by Alonzo Soto, an Eagle Scout here.
2) Starting today, you can help families around Albuquerque have a Happy Thanksgiving. Just go donate non-perishable food items and help fill-up a truck at the Albertson’s on San Mateo and Montgomery. It’ll be parked there until Wednesday morning.
1) Get ready to ditch those jackets! Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 59 degrees and an eastern wind around 5 miles-per-hour. Then tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 36 degrees and a southern wind around 5 miles-per-hour.