The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | November 13, 2012November 13th, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go!
5) Will your taxes go up and will the economy crash into another recession? That could very well happen if Congress doesn’t agree on a new budget deal before the end of this year and avoid the so-called ‘fiscal cliff.’ Congress is back in session today.
4) Now the State’s Attorney General is trying to find out what happened with the poll problem in Rio Rancho. Some people waited in line for hours to vote last week. Gary King wants to know if there was any voter suppression there and particularly with people playing politics.
3) Later today we’ll find out how many more people Lowe’s Hardware might hire at its Customer Support Center here in Albuquerque. Back in September the Bernalillo County commission approved ten million dollars in incentives for Lowe’s to expand the center. Soon following, the company said it would hire an extra 300 people. We’ll let you know what Lowe’s says.
2) You’ll still need those jackets today. It’ll be a little bit warmer than it was yesterday–sunny with a high near 57-degrees. The wind will be light and blowing west at 5 to 10 miles-per-hour. Then tonight it’ll be clear, with a freezing low around 24-degrees and a northwest wind around 5 miles-per-hour.
1) The Lobos win the first game of the regular season! Boy it was a barn-burner. Davidson was ahead by about ten points for most of the game. Then UNM came back and ended up winning 86-81 in front of a packed pit and the country. The game was nationally televised. The Lobos will take on Chicago, Illinois this Friday and again at the pit.