The 5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | November 7, 2012November 7th, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning!
5) You bet there’s going to be a big discussion today to figure out what happened with the polling places in Rio Rancho. The lines at some of them were extremely long and some people didn’t get to vote until after midnight. The Governor even stopped by to talk with folks waiting and give out water.
4) Martin Heinrich is going back to Washington and this time it’ll be as a Senator. He beat Heather Wilson last night by about 7 points making the race was a lot closer than people thought.
3) Governor Martinez and her super pac have spent a lot of cash trying to gain control of the State House, but this morning it looks like that won’t happen. Right now democrats have a 36 to 33 majority in the House and the Governor fears little will get done as her agenda includes education reform and ending drivers licenses for illegal immigrants. Democrats have been resistant to both issues.
2) It’s going to be warm again! Today will be sunny with a high near 71 and a western wind of 5 to 10 miles-per-hour. then tonight it’ll be partly cloudy, with a chilly low around 46 and a western wind around 5 miles-per-hour.
1) President Barack Obama will spend 4 more years in the White House after a race that wasn’t nearly as close as a lot of people thought it would be. Right now President Obama has 303 electoral votes while Romney just 206. We’re still waiting for Florida’s count to become official and President Obama has a slight lead there.