October 31st, 2012 at 11:40 am by ryanprice under Community Affairs, N.M. Politics, News
A cash mob gathered Wednesday morning at the local business in support of a minimum wage increase in Albuquerque.
The group rallied at an Albuquerque art gallery, Mask Y Mas, located in the Nob Hill area.
Minimum wage increase is just one of the reasons for the cash mob, the group is also gathering support for local business’s in the city.
According to the cash mob’s website, they will be out again to protest from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. Wednesday.
October 31st, 2012 at 10:45 am by ryanprice under Community Affairs
Every Christmas the Marine founded, Toys For Tots brings toys to needy children throughout the country.
The goal of this program is to bring communities together and make sure that every child is able to have a Christmas experience.
The 2012 campaign for this foundation will start this weekend.
Anyone looking to contribute to this cause should visit Toy For Tots website.
October 31st, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Morning Show, News
Time for the five things you need to know this Halloween morning!
5) “May the Force be with you.” Star Wars fans are going to either love or hate this because more new movies about the Galactic Empire will be out in the next few years. This is because George Lucas just sold the franchise and his production company to Disney for 4-billion dollars.
4) More than 8-million homes and businesses still don’t have power at Superstorm Sandy. It could be next week before some of them get turned back on and at least 50-people in the U.S. are dead because of the storm. President Obama is scheduled to be in New Jersey today to observe the storm damage and says the Federal Government is ready to help.
3) Get ready to see and smell more smoke in Albuquerque. That’s because the city has issued a smoke alert that goes until later this morning due to the controlled burn going on in the Santa Fe National Forest. If smoke bothers you, it’s a good idea to stay inside today.
2) Keeping your kids safe is exactly what law enforcement agencies will be focused on tonight. They’ll be keeping an eye on sex offenders to make sure they don’t give out candy or have any Halloween decorations on their homes.
1) It looks like a Happy Halloween forecast with sunny skies and a high near 72. There will be a calm western wind of only around 5 mile-per-hour. Then tonight will be clear, with a chilly low around 42 degrees so make sure that the kids are bundled up when they go trick-or-treating!
October 31st, 2012 at 6:15 am by Kristen Van Dyke under News
Today will be sunny with a high near 72 and a calm wind becoming west around 5 mile-per-hour.
Then tonight it’ll be clear, with a chilly low around 42 degrees so make sure that the kids are bundled up when they go trick-or-treating.
Have a Happy Halloween,
Kristen Van Dyke
October 30th, 2012 at 10:00 pm by Mark Ronchetti under Weather
High pressure will continue to dominate our weather for the next few days. It will lead to cool mornings and warm daytime highs. Temps will be between 5°-12° above average. Halloween night looks very nice as well. Temps will drop into the mod 60′s with clear skies. Winds will not be a factor either.
One thing to note is the cool overnight lows compared to the warm highs. The airmass over the state is very dry. This lack of moisture allows for easy daytime warmup and and nighttime cool down. In fact some areas of the state are seeing a temps difference of 50° between overnight lows and daytime highs. This is a pretty impressive range.
As far as a storm goes…well lets talk next week. no there isn’t a storm coming next week lets just talk then.