Lincoln National Forest selling Christmas tree permitsOctober 31st, 2012 at 2:57 pm by Hawa Konte under Latest Posts
The Lincoln National Forest will begin selling 2012 Christmas tree permits starting Thursday, November 1st, for anyone wishing to cut their own tree this Holiday season.
Permits are $5, with a limit of one per household and may be purchased from the following Lincoln National Forest offices:
- Supervisor’s Office; 3463 Las Palomas Rd.; Alamogordo, NM 88310 575-434-7200
- Smokey Bear District; 901 Mechem Dr.; Ruidoso, NM 88345 575-257-4095
- Sacramento District; 4 Lost Lodge Rd (physical address); PO Box 288 (mailing address);
- Cloudcroft, NM 88317 575-682-2551
- Guadalupe District; 114 S. Halagueno St.; Carlsbad, NM 88220 575-885-4181
Permits will be sold during regular business hours and the Supervisor’s Office, Smokey Bear Ranger District and Sacramento District offices will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on November 17th, 24th, and December 1st, 8th and 15th.
An online form is also available for those who wish to mail in their permit. Mail-in applications must be received no later than December 14, 2012.
Once you have obtained a permit, trees may be cut anywhere within the Lincoln National Forest, only on US Forest Service Lands, and not within a wilderness area.
For more information please contact the Lincoln National Forest at 575-343-7200, or visit www.fs.usda.gov/lincoln.