5 Things You Need To Know Before You Go | October 30, 2012October 30th, 2012 at 6:35 am by Rebecca Valdez under 5 Things, Latest Posts, Morning Show
Time for the five things you need to know before you go this morning!
5) If your kids go to the Peppermint Stick Preschool, you will have to take them somewhere else today. That’s because the state shut down Peppermint Stick Preschool yesterday after it’s director was charged with raping a 3-year-old boy.
4) Better go fill up the gas tank on your way to work because there’s a good chance that Superstorm Sandy could cause a spike in gas prices soon. That’s due to the fact that refineries on the East Coast are shut down right now. The good news however is that experts think gas prices will drop again once they open back up.
3) Help is on the way! 40 PNM workers from here in New Mexico are now on their way to the East Coast. More than 6.2 million people don’t have power right now and for some people it’ll probably take at least a week or more for them to be able to turn their lights back on.
2) Back here in New Mexico it’s going to be a really nice day with a high near 73 and a north wind of only 5 to 10 miles-per-hour. Then tonight the skies will remain clear with a chilly low around 41 degrees and a northwest wind around 5 miles-per-hour.
1) Sandy is not a hurricane anymore but a superstorm that’s still causing a lot of problems in the Northeast. At least 16 people have died because of the storm and more than 6.2 million don’t have power.
President Obama has declared part of the coast a major disaster area, making it easier for the Federal Government to help.